Find a HVAC Profesional in Oconto, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Oconto, WI. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Wisconsin // Oconto
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Oconto, WI
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Oconto, WI, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.