Find a HVAC Profesional in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Oconomowoc, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Oconomowoc, WI. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oconomowoc, WI. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.