Find a HVAC Profesional in Newburg, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Newburg, WI
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newburg, WI. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.