Find a Profesional in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofing professionals normally price their services for roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are related to fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal price roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Menomonee Falls, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Menomonee Falls, WI. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.