Find a Profesional in Fremont, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is best for a roof job?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average price roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
At what point should I think about getting a roof inspection done?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Fremont, WI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Fremont, WI. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.