Find a HVAC in Elm Grove, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best season for roofing projects?
No matter what season it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the correct occasion to schedule a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Elm Grove, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Elm Grove, Wisconsin. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.