Find a HVAC Profesional in Dousman, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Dousman, WI
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Dousman, WI. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.