Find a HVAC Profesional in Delafield, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Delafield, WI
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Delafield, WI. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Delafield, WI. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.