Find a Profesional in Butler, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
At which point should I consider getting an inspection done for my roof?
Most roofing contractors advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofing experts typically charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Butler, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Butler, Wisconsin. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Butler, Wisconsin. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.