Find a HVAC Profesional in Butler, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Butler, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Butler, Wisconsin. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Butler, Wisconsin. Find the right contractor for your property today.