Find a HVAC Profesional in Bristol, Wisconsin
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Bristol, Wisconsin
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Bristol, Wisconsin. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.