Find a HVAC Profesional in Waterville, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Washington // Waterville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Waterville, WA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Waterville, WA. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.