Find a HVAC Profesional in Tacoma, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Washington // Tacoma
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Tacoma, Washington
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Tacoma, Washington, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Tacoma, Washington. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.