Find a HVAC Profesional in Stanwood, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Washington // Stanwood
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Stanwood, WA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Stanwood, WA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Stanwood, WA. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.