Find a HVAC Profesional in Snohomish, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Washington // Snohomish
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Snohomish, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Snohomish, Washington. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Snohomish, Washington. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.