Find a HVAC Profesional in Shelton, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Shelton, Washington. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Shelton, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Shelton, Washington. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.