Find a HVAC in Pullman, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the most appropriate time for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the customary rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Pullman, Washington. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Pullman, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Pullman, Washington. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.