Find a HVAC in Port Orchard, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHVAC // Washington // Port Orchard
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Port Orchard, WashingtonSearch Results // Washington // Port Orchard
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for building a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with the hours for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a roof replacement project?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate rate for fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Port Orchard, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Port Orchard, Washington. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.