Find a HVAC in Onalaska, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
At what cost will a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When during the year is best for a roof project?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Onalaska, WA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Onalaska, WA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Onalaska, WA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house right away.