Find a HVAC Profesional in Leavenworth, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Washington // Leavenworth
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Leavenworth, WA
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Leavenworth, WA. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.