Find a HVAC Profesional in Everett, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Everett, WA. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Washington // Everett
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Everett, WA
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Everett, WA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.