Find a HVAC Profesional in Blaine, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Blaine, Washington
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Blaine, Washington, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Blaine, Washington. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house now.