Find a HVAC in Sumter, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what cost will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Sumter, South Carolina
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Sumter, South Carolina, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.