Find a HVAC in Starr, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which point should I consider getting a roof inspection done?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers generally charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected rate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
At which time of the year should I schedule services with a roofing contractor?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Starr, SC
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Starr, SC. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.