Find a HVAC in Springfield, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the perfect season for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to set up my roof evaluated?
Many roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Springfield, South Carolina
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Springfield, South Carolina. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.