Find a Profesional in Scranton, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // South Carolina // Scranton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to fix a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What season is good for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Scranton, South Carolina
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Scranton, South Carolina. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.