Find a HVAC Profesional in Pelzer, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Pelzer, South Carolina. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Pelzer, South Carolina
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Pelzer, South Carolina. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.