Find a HVAC Profesional in North, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in North, SC. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near North, SC
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in North, SC. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in North, SC. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.