Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Newberry, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioner Repair Professionals nearWindow Air Conditioner Repair // South Carolina // Newberry
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
What are some important aspects to evaluate when deciding on a window air conditioner repair contractor?
It would be best to do your due diligence before selecting a window air conditioner repair professional to ensure you get the most for your money. No matter if you're looking for routine maintenance or a one-off repair near Newberry, SC, check for these key features from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are hundreds of types of window air conditioners available, and some function with a variety of systems and components. Always ensure the professional you're vetting has knowledge of your specific make and model before hiring.
- Certification - You should verify that the contractor has the proper licensing to do repairs in Newberry, SC and any HVAC certifications.
- Guarantees - Your window air conditioner may be under warranty from the maker, so ask your contractor about including that in the price of repairs. Choosing a professional that offers warranties on their labor will bring you added peace of mind.
- Business Hours - Standard business hours aren't always convenient when it comes to cooling and heating your house. Consider window air conditioner repair contractors who provide on-call services in the event your machine goes down over the weekend or holidays.
- References - Most established contractors will show references from past clients vouching for their skills and professionalism. Look at their online reviews to understand how effectively the contractor provides quality repairs and customer service.
How do you know when your window air conditioner is in need of repairs?
You don't have to wait until your window air conditioner breaks down to find repair services in Newberry, SC. Evaluate your machine for any of these common problems to know if calling in an expert is warranted:
- Age - The typical window air conditioner should last ten years, though regular maintenance can stretch its service life to 15 years. Consider hiring an expert to conduct preventive maintenance if your window air conditioner is near its manufacturer-rated lifespan, particularly if you notice any performance problems.
- Odd Noises - It's normal for a window air conditioner to produce some sudden sounds as it turns on, but any loud screeches, pops, or grinding sounds are concerning.
- Bad Smells - Any burning or moldy smells emanating from the window air conditioner as it operates means it should be cleaned and fixed. Wiring problems could result in a fire, while mold could be behind the mildew smell and be a detriment to your health.
- Increased Electric Bills - A damaged window air conditioner could be using more electricity than is necessary when functioning correctly. Turn to a contractor to repair the unit if you notice your bill going up more than usual whenever the machine runs.
How frequently should I anticipate the need for repairs on a typical window air conditioner?
Hopefully, you purchased a top-rated window air conditioning unit, which will survive around ten years before needing to be replaced. In the meantime, preventive maintenance and repairs are recommended once or twice a year to keep it operating correctly and delivers the longest life possible.
The ideal time to get your window air conditioner repaired in Newberry, SC is during the spring before it sees heavy use in the summer, and once in the fall before the heating feature becomes necessary for the winter. Other than repairs, an expert can safely open the unit if needed to clean its components before further issues occur. Cleaning the interior of the machine is the only way to inhibit mold from growing that might affect your air quality. Any dirt or debris that accumulates inside the unit could also diminish its performance if not cleaned.
Window air conditioner repair is generally affordable and enables you to stretch your investment longer until buying a new one becomes absolutely necessary. You may be able to get discount prices if you hire a professional to provide regular repair and cleaning services throughout the year. Compare repair experts on the Thumbtack platform to find one matching your budget and schedule.
Can I consider adding freon to my window air conditioner for better cooling?
Your window air conditioner is probably a closed coolant system that won't need to be recharged with freon anytime throughout its service life. If it does ever need to be recharged, it typically is a sign of a leak within the unit, and you need a professional to handle the repairs. If the unit is not cooling correctly, follow these recommended troubleshooting steps to help you know if the issue is related to leaking freon or something more common:
- Inspect for Leaks - Check for grease spots on or beneath the machine accompanied by a musty or sweet odor. Freon is usually invisible to the senses in the case of a leak, but a big one may leave a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The maker of your specific window air conditioner provides instructions on how to clean or replace the filter, which, when dirty or clogged, will impact the unit's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - Your machine has evaporator or condenser coils that also must be cleaned to ensure it functions efficiently.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser outside the window air conditioner needs proper airflow to work. Ensure that nothing is obstructing the circulation, such as shrubs or furniture, and clear them if so.
If you have no experience carrying out these troubleshooting tasks or are uncomfortable doing them alone, consider enlisting an expert to handle it all for you. A window air conditioner repair contractor in Newberry, SC can establish if one of these problems is affecting its performance or if escaping freon is indeed the culprit. An experienced contractor can also tell if the leak is a result of a defective machine, possibly getting you a refund if it is still under warranty.
Preserve Your Window Air Conditioner With Repair Technicians on Thumbtack
Expert window air conditioner repair contractors near Newberry, SC are standing by to be found on Thumbtack. Fixing your transportable HVAC unit will be cost-effective if it's less than ten years old and any repairs don't cost more than purchasing a new model. With the high price you can expect to pay for a quality window air conditioner and the affordable rates provided by repair contractors, you'll be doing a lot of favors for your wallet and the comfort of your house by scheduling a service date right away.
Window air conditioners are self-contained cooling units made to be placed in a window or a specially constructed opening in a wall. These appliances are often used to cool individual rooms or compact spaces and are popular for home and commercial settings. Much more affordable than installing central air, a window system will efficiently cool or heat a room any season of the year. It's common for some components to finally break down from constant use, though scheduling regular maintenance from a professional to clean and inspect the unit in the spring and fall will help ensure yours stays working when it's needed most.
No matter if you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs whenever problems come up, an expert repair person has the tools and experience to do the job quickly. Contractors providing HVAC repair will be certified to work with regulated substances like refrigerant used in self-contained cooling systems. An expert will also possess the experience repairing the many complex parts inside these units and will even clean them to prolong their service life. Things to consider when picking a contractor to do your window air conditioner repairs include industry certification, customer reviews, service hours, and price. All this valuable information and more is compiled on Thumbtack to help you easily and reliably maintain one of your home's most essential systems.