Find a HVAC Profesional in Mullins, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Mullins, South Carolina
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mullins, South Carolina. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.