Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Lexington, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioner Repair Professionals nearWindow Air Conditioner Repair // South Carolina // Lexington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
How should I select a window air conditioner repair technician?
It will be a good idea to do your research when choosing a window air conditioner repair professional to ensure you get the highest quality services for your money. No matter if you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or a one-off repair around Lexington, South Carolina, check for these key factors from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are hundreds of types of window air conditioners available, and some function with a variety of systems and components. Always ensure the professional you're vetting has experience working with your specific brand of unit by asking them upfront.
- Certification - You can verify that the technician has the proper licenses to conduct repairs in Lexington, South Carolina and any HVAC certifications.
- Guarantees - Your window air conditioner may have a warranty from the manufacturer, so ask your contractor about including that in the price of repairs. Hiring a professional who provides guarantees on their labor will give you confidence.
- Business Hours - Standard business hours aren't always best when it comes to cooling and heating your home. Consider window air conditioner repair contractors who offer on-call services in case your unit fails over the weekend and holidays.
- References - Most established contractors will provide references from past customers vouching for their skills and professionalism. Check for online reviews to understand how efficiently the technician provides quality repairs and customer service.
What problem is generally the most frequent with window air conditioners?
You shouldn't wait until your window air conditioner breaks down to look for repair services near Lexington, South Carolina. Assess your unit for any of these common issues to decide if calling in a contractor is warranted:
- Age - The average window air conditioner should last a decade, though scheduled repairs can stretch the lifespan to 15 years. Consider employing an expert to conduct preventive maintenance if your unit is near its prime, particularly if you notice any performance issues.
- Odd Noises - It's normal for a window air conditioner to make a little whistling or humming sounds as it turns on, but any loud screeches, pops, or grinding sounds are indicative of a problem.
- Bad Smells - Any acrid or moldy smells emanating from the window air conditioner as it operates means it needs to be repaired. Wiring problems could result in a fire, while mold might be behind the mildew smell and be a detriment to your health.
- Increased Electric Bills - A damaged window air conditioner might be drawing more electricity than is usual when functioning properly. Hire a contractor to repair the unit if you notice your bill going up more than usual whenever your machine runs.
How frequently should most window air conditioners need repairs?
Hopefully, you bought a top-rated window air conditioning unit, which should last around a decade before needing to be replaced. In the meantime, regular maintenance and repairs are ideally performed once or twice a year to ensure it operates properly and delivers the longest life possible.
The perfect time to get your window air conditioner repaired in Lexington, South Carolina is during the spring before you need it to operate over the summer, and once in the fall before the heating feature becomes necessary over the winter. Besides repairs, an expert can safely disassemble the unit if necessary to clean its components before more issues arise. Cleaning the inside of the appliance is the only way to inhibit mold from developing which might jeopardize your health. Any dirt and debris that falls into the unit will also diminish its performance if not removed.
Window air conditioner repair is generally affordable and helps to preserve your investment longer until buying a new unit becomes absolutely necessary. You might be able to get discount prices if you contract a professional for regular repair and cleaning services throughout the year. Vet repair technicians on the Thumbtack platform to find one matching your budget and needs.
Is it normal to recharge the freon in window air conditioners?
Your window air conditioner is likely a closed coolant system that won't need recharging with freon at all during its lifespan. If it did need recharging, it typically is a sign of a leak in the unit, and you need a professional to handle the repairs. If the unit is not cooling correctly, follow these basic troubleshooting tips to help you pinpoint if the issue is related to leaking freon or something more common:
- Inspect for Leaks - Check for grease spots on or beneath the appliance and a musty or sweet smell. Freon is usually imperceptible to the senses in the event of a leak, but a major one may provide a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The manufacturer of your specific window air conditioner provides a guide on how to clean or replace the filter, which, when dirty and clogged, will lower the machine's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - Your unit contains evaporator or condenser coils that also must be cleaned to ensure it operates effectively.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser outside the machine requires adequate airflow to function correctly. Make sure that nothing is blocking the circulation, such as vegetation or furniture, and remove them if so.
If you have no experience carrying out these troubleshooting tasks or feel overwhelmed doing them alone, consider enlisting a contractor to handle it all for you. A window air conditioner repair expert near Lexington, South Carolina will be able to determine if one of these issues is affecting its performance or if escaping freon is indeed the culprit. A professional can also tell if the leak is a result of a faulty appliance, possibly saving you money if the manufacturer offers a warranty.
Hire a Professional for Window Air Conditioner Repairs in Lexington, South Carolina on Thumbtack
Professional window air conditioner repair contractors around Lexington, South Carolina are waiting to be hired on Thumbtack. Repairing your portable air conditioning unit will be cost-effective if it's no more than ten years old and the repairs don't cost more than purchasing a new model. With the high price you can expect to pay for a good window air conditioner and the affordable rates offered by repair professionals, you'll be doing many favors for your finances and the comfort of your home by scheduling a service date as soon as possible.
Window air conditioners are closed cooling units designed to be placed in a window or a specially constructed opening in a wall. These units are commonly used to cool single rooms or small spaces and are popular for home and commercial environments. Much less expensive than installing central air, a window unit will effectively cool and heat a room any season of the year. It's common for some components to finally fail from constant use, though scheduling regular maintenance from a professional to clean and inspect the unit in the spring and fall will help ensure yours stays working when it's needed most.
No matter if you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs when issues arise, an expert repair person has the tools and training to do the job quickly. Contractors providing AC repair are licensed to work with regulated chemicals like refrigerant used in closed cooling systems. A contractor will also possess the experience repairing the many intricate parts within these units and will even clean them to stretch their lifespan. Factors to look for when choosing a contractor for window air conditioner repairs include professional certification, client reviews, business hours, and price. All this valuable information and more is compiled on Thumbtack so you can easily and confidently maintain one of your home's most essential systems.