Find a HVAC in Laurens, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
When should my roof be evaluated?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofers generally price their services for roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Laurens, South Carolina
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Laurens, South Carolina. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Laurens, South Carolina. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.