Find a HVAC Profesional in Johns Island, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Johns Island, SC
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Johns Island, SC. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.