Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Greenville, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioner Repair Professionals nearWindow Air Conditioner Repair // South Carolina // Greenville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
Is it normal to replenish the freon in window air conditioners?
Your window air conditioner is probably a closed coolant system that shouldn't need recharging with freon anytime during its lifespan. If it does ever need to be recharged, it usually means there is a leak within the unit, and you need a professional to handle the job. If the unit is not cooling properly, follow these recommended troubleshooting tips to help you understand if the problem is related to low freon or something more likely:
- Inspect for Leaks - Look for greasy spots on or underneath the appliance accompanied with a musty or sweet smell. Freon is often imperceptible to the eyes and nose in the event of a leak, but a significant one might leave a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The manufacturer of your specific model provides a guide on cleaning and replacing the filter, which, when dirty or clogged, will diminish the unit's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - The machine has evaporator or condenser coils that also need to be cleaned to ensure it operates efficiently.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser behind the appliance needs enough airflow to operate. Check that nothing is obstructing the airflow, such as shrubs or furniture, and remove them if so.
If you have no experience performing these troubleshooting measures or are uncomfortable doing them alone, consider hiring a contractor to handle it all for you. A window air conditioner repair contractor near Greenville, South Carolina will be able to establish which one of these problems may be affecting its performance or if leaking freon is indeed the culprit. A professional can also tell if the leak is the result of a faulty appliance, potentially saving you money if it is still under warranty.
Does it make financial sense to invest in repairs for my window air conditioner?
Putting in central air will cost thousands of dollars in Greenville, South Carolina and isn't an option for people renting or with a tight budget. The most cost-effective alternative are window air conditioning units, but even these can cost hundreds of dollars. Buying new units will be more costly than repairs, making it a smart choice in the long run.
Choosing to fix existing window air conditioners versus replacing them may be based on your long-term plans. If you are planning to put central air in your residence, repairing existing window units could be a necessary short-term solution. But window units also have benefits over other HVAC systems, including energy efficiency, portability, and being able to work as supplemental cooling or heating with central air. Evaluate your needs and goals and compare them to the price of repair services offered by technicians on Thumbtack to figure out if they will be acceptable.
How should I choose a window air conditioner repair contractor?
It would be a wise idea to do your research when selecting a window air conditioner repair contractor to ensure you get the most for your money. Whether you're searching for regularly scheduled maintenance or a one-off service in Greenville, South Carolina, check for these key factors from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are several types of window air conditioners available, and some function with different systems and features. Always check that the contractor you're vetting has knowledge of your particular make and model by asking them upfront.
- Certification - You can verify that the contractor has the proper accreditation to conduct repairs in Greenville, South Carolina and any HVAC certifications.
- Guarantees - Your appliance may have a warranty from the manufacturer, so ask your contractor about calculating that in the price of the service. Choosing a contractor who offers warranties on their labor will give you confidence.
- Business Hours - Standard business hours aren't always convenient for effectively cooling and heating your residence. Consider window air conditioner repair technicians who provide on-call services in the event your machine goes down over the weekend or holidays.
- References - Most proven contractors will have references from past clients confirming their skills and services. Check for online reviews to understand how effectively the contractor delivers quality repairs and customer satisfaction.
What is the most persistent problem in window air conditioning units?
You shouldn't wait for the moment your window air conditioner breaks down to find repair services near Greenville, South Carolina. Troubleshoot your machine for any of these common problems to decide if calling in an expert is warranted:
- Age - The typical window air conditioner will last ten years, though regular repairs can increase the lifespan to 15 years. Consider hiring a contractor to conduct preventive maintenance if your window air conditioner is nearing its prime, particularly if you notice any performance problems.
- Strange Sounds - It's normal for a window air conditioner to produce some sudden noises as it turns on, but any loud screeches, pops, or grinding noises are concerning.
- Bad Smells - Any burning or moldy smells coming from the window air conditioner as it runs means it should be cleaned and fixed. Wiring problems are a fire hazard, while mold may be behind the mildew smell and be a danger to indoor air quality.
- Higher Electric Bills - A faulty window air conditioner may be using more power than is normal when functioning properly. Hire an expert to repair the unit if you notice your bill going up more than usual whenever your machine runs.
Find a Contractor Fitting Your Budget and Needs for Window Air Conditioner Repairs Near Greenville, South Carolina With Thumbtack
Dependable window air conditioner repair contractors in Greenville, South Carolina are standing by to be found on Thumbtack. Repairing your portable air conditioning unit can be cost-effective if it's less than ten years old and the repairs don't exceed the cost of purchasing a new model. With the high price you should expect to pay for a quality window air conditioner and the affordable rates offered by repair contractors, you'll be doing a lot of favors for your finances and the comfort of your home by scheduling a service appointment right away.
Window air conditioners are self-contained cooling machines made to be placed in a window or a specially constructed opening in the wall. These appliances are often used to cool individual rooms or compact spaces and are popular for home and business settings. Much more affordable than installing whole-home air conditioning, a window unit can effectively cool or heat a room any time of year. It's common for some components to eventually break down from heavy use, though scheduling routine maintenance from a contractor to clean and repair the unit in the spring and fall will help ensure yours stays working when it's needed most.
Whether you want regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs whenever problems arise, an expert repair professional will have the tools and experience to do the task quickly. Contractors specializing in HVAC repair are licensed to work with regulated substances like refrigerant used in self-contained cooling systems. A contractor will also have experience working with the many intricate components within these units and can even clean them to stretch its lifespan. Things to consider when choosing a contractor to do your window air conditioner repairs include industry certification, customer reviews, business hours, and price. Similar information and more is compiled on Thumbtack so you can conveniently and confidently maintain one of your home's most essential systems.