Find a HVAC Profesional in Gilbert, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Gilbert, South Carolina
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Gilbert, South Carolina, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Gilbert, South Carolina. Find the right contractor for your home today.