Find a HVAC in Gaston, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal price for replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What are the normal costs associated with repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the typical cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Gaston, SC
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Gaston, SC. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.