Find a HVAC Profesional in Gaffney, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Gaffney, South Carolina. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Gaffney, South Carolina
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Gaffney, South Carolina. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Gaffney, South Carolina. Get the roofing services you need for your house right away.