Find a HVAC Profesional in Estill, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Estill, South Carolina. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Estill, South Carolina
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Estill, South Carolina. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.