Find a HVAC Profesional in Elliott, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Elliott, South Carolina
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Elliott, South Carolina. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.