Find a HVAC Profesional in Chesterfield, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Chesterfield, SC. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Chesterfield, SC
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Chesterfield, SC. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Chesterfield, SC. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property right away.