Find a HVAC Profesional in Bonneau, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Bonneau, South Carolina
If you need roofing maintenance services in Bonneau, South Carolina, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.