Find a HVAC in Anderson, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Anderson, South CarolinaSearch Results // South Carolina // Anderson
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is best for roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Anderson, South Carolina
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Anderson, South Carolina. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.