Find a HVAC Profesional in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Puerto Rico // San Juan
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in San Juan, Puerto Rico. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.