Find a HVAC in Lancaster, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which season should I book roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the rate for most roofing professionals per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
At what stage should I consider getting an inspection done for my roof?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Lancaster, OH
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Lancaster, OH. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.