Find a HVAC Profesional in Lakewood, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Lakewood, OH
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lakewood, OH, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.