Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Kenton, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioner Repair Professionals nearWindow Air Conditioner Repair // Ohio // Kenton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
Should I be worried about the refrigerant levels in my window air conditioner and get a recharge?
Your window air conditioner is likely a closed coolant system that won't need replenishing with freon anytime throughout its lifespan. If it does ever need to be recharged, it typically means there is a leak within the unit, and you need a professional to handle the job. If the unit is not cooling properly, follow these recommended troubleshooting steps to help you understand if the malfunction is related to depleted freon or something more common:
- Inspect for Leaks - Look for grease spots on or beneath the machine accompanied by a musty or sweet smell. Freon is usually invisible to the eyes and nose in the event of a leak, but a major one may leave a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The manufacturer of your specific model provides instructions on how to clean or replace the filter, which, when dirty and clogged, will impact the unit's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - Your unit contains evaporator or condenser coils that also should be cleaned to ensure it functions effectively.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser outside the machine needs enough airflow to operate. Ensure that nothing obstructs airflow, like vegetation or furniture, and clear them if so.
If you have little experience carrying out these troubleshooting measures or feel overwhelmed doing them alone, consider hiring an expert to do it all for you. A window air conditioner repair professional near Kenton, OH can determine if one of these problems may be affecting its performance or if leaking freon is indeed the culprit. An experienced contractor can also tell if the leak is a result of a defective machine, possibly saving you money if it is still under warranty.
Is the expense of fixing a window air conditioner worthwhile?
Putting in central air will cost a lot of money in Kenton, OH and isn't a choice for anyone renting or with financial constraints. A cost-effective alternative are window air conditioning units, but even these usually cost hundreds of dollars. Replacing these machines will be more expensive than routine maintenance, making it a smart investment in many circumstances.
Opting to fix existing window air conditioners versus replacing them may come down to your long-term plans. If you are planning to install a whole-home HVAC system in your property, repairing existing window units could be a necessary short-term solution. But window units also have benefits over whole-home systems, such as increased energy efficiency, transportability, and being able to operate as supplemental cooling and heating with central air. Consider your needs and goals and weigh them against the price of repairs offered by professionals on Thumbtack to decide if they will be worthwhile.
What are the most important aspects to evaluate when deciding on a window air conditioner repair contractor?
It will be best to do your research when choosing a window air conditioner repair professional to ensure you get the most for your money. No matter if you're looking for routine maintenance or a one-time service around Kenton, OH, check for these key factors from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are several types of window air conditioners on the market, and some function with different systems and components. Always check that the professional you're considering has experience working with your specific make and model before hiring.
- Certification - You can verify that the contractor has the proper licenses to do repairs in Kenton, OH and any training certificates.
- Guarantees - Your appliance may have a warranty from the manufacturer, so ask your contractor about including that in the price of the service. Choosing a professional that provides warranties on their work will bring you added peace of mind.
- Service Schedule - Standard business hours aren't always convenient when it comes to cooling and heating your residence. Consider window air conditioner repair technicians who offer on-call services in the event your unit goes down over the weekend and holidays.
- References - Most reliable contractors will have references from past customers vouching for their skills and services. Look at their online reviews to get a sense for how efficiently the contractor provides quality work and customer service.
How will you know when your window air conditioner is in need of repairs?
You don't have to wait until your window air conditioner breaks down to look for repair services near Kenton, OH. Assess your unit for any of these common problems to decide whether calling in a contractor is warranted:
- Age - The average window air conditioner should last a decade, though regular maintenance can increase the lifespan to 15 years. Consider employing an expert to perform preventive maintenance if your window air conditioner is near its manufacturer-rated lifespan, especially if you notice any performance problems.
- Strange Sounds - It's normal for a window air conditioner to produce some sudden sounds as it powers on, but any loud bangs, pops, or grinding noises are indicative of a problem.
- Bad Smells - Any acrid or musty smells emanating from the window air conditioner as it operates means it should be cleaned and fixed. Wiring problems could result in a fire, while mold is a danger to your health.
- Increased Electric Bills - A broken window air conditioner could be using more electricity than is usual when functioning correctly. Turn to an expert to repair the unit if you notice your bill going up more than usual whenever your unit runs.
Hire an Expert for Window Air Conditioner Repairs Near Kenton, OH on Thumbtack
Dependable window air conditioner repair contractors around Kenton, OH are standing by to be discovered on Thumbtack. Fixing your transportable HVAC unit will be cost-efficient if it's less than ten years old and any repairs don't cost more than buying a new model. With the high price you should expect to pay for a good window air conditioner and the affordable rates provided by repair contractors, you'll be doing many favors for your finances and the comfort of your house by scheduling a service appointment as soon as possible.
Window air conditioners are closed cooling units designed to be placed in a window or a specially designed opening in a wall. These appliances are commonly used to cool individual rooms or compact spaces and are popular for home and commercial environments. Much more affordable than installing central air, a window system will effectively cool and heat a space any time of year. It's common for some components to finally fail under heavy use, though scheduling routine maintenance from a professional to clean and repair the unit in the spring and fall will help keep yours working when you need it most.
No matter if you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs when problems arise, an expert repair person will have the tools and training to do the task quickly. Contractors specializing in AC repair are certified to work with regulated substances like refrigerant used in closed cooling systems. A professional will also possess the experience working with the many intricate parts inside these units and will even clean them to prolong its lifespan. Factors to consider when selecting a contractor to do your window air conditioner repairs include industry certification, client reviews, business hours, and price. Similar information and more can be found on Thumbtack so you can conveniently and confidently maintain one of your home's most critical systems.