Find a HVAC Profesional in Kansas, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Kansas
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Kansas, Ohio
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Kansas, Ohio, there's no better way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.