Find a HVAC Profesional in Heath, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Heath, OH
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Heath, OH, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.