Find a HVAC in Harveysburg, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Harveysburg, OhioSearch Results // Ohio // Harveysburg
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical price charged by roofing contractors for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much does it cost to maintain a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Harveysburg, OH
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Harveysburg, OH. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Harveysburg, OH. Get the roofing services you need for your home right away.