Find a HVAC in Greenfield, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the perfect season for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
When should my roof be evaluated?
Most roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Greenfield, OH
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Greenfield, OH. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Greenfield, OH. Find the right contractor for your home right away.